ads

Chapter 173 Freswald




April 1, 2031




 Baron and I were diligently doing carpentry work.




 After the renovation of the city gate and city wall was completed, we moved on to rebuilding houses that had been burned down with stone. This kept us busy, and we couldn't really participate in battles.




 By the way, because I was doing this, not only Hissu, but most of the adventurers and residents of this town knew that I could use magic. All my efforts to hide it seem in vain...




 Perhaps the residents of Elhagan think Baron and I are convenient carpenters.




 While we're doing carpentry work, the other members leave the west gate and defeat goblins every day.




 I'm sure they've killed over 10,000 in less than a week. Goblins' magic stones are piled up in heaps. Even so, there are still quite a few goblins northeast of Elhagan.




 When Baron and I returned to the inn after the carpentry work in Elhagan was almost over, the other eight people also returned to the inn.




"Marth. I'm thinking of discussing the recent Freswald family matter from before later?"




 Karen told me so




"Understood. Should we talk after taking a bath? Is it easier to talk in private, just the two of us?"




"Yes, that's fine. Even during bathing or having a meal is fine. It doesn't have to be just the two of us, you know? I believe any noble of the Lister Union should be familiar with it..."




"Understood. Then I'll ask during our meal."




 Previously, Karen had mentioned that she would tell me about it, and I was interested in it, but I couldn't bring myself to ask her, so I've been waiting for Karen to tell me all this time. While taking a bath and eating, Karen started talking in front of everyone.




"Baron and Minerva... Maybe Ellie knows, but I'm talking about the Freswald family."




 When Karen said that, everyone listened to Karen.




“The main premise is that the Duke of Freswald household has only the eldest son and the eldest daughter. I'll try to make the analogy as clear as possible with the current Dukes of Freswald, but I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well.


Father's first born boy is not Suzaku-oniisama. And at that time, father's peerage was marquis. When a boy is born, the most talented child born before the first born boy reaches the age of 10 will be recognized as the eldest son of Marquis Freswald. The same is true when a girl is born.


By the way, I don't know how many children Suzaku-oniisama had. This is because Marquis Freswald has relationships with dozens of women in order to produce an excellent heir. And he marries the woman who gave birth to the best boy.


People seems to say that you can do whatever you want, but Suzaku-oniisama was really worried... Because of this rule, Suzaku-oniisama couldn't take the woman he liked as his legal wife. At that time, Suzaku-oniisama was really depressed.


However, it was impressive that he was quite unreasonable, saying that the woman who was welcomed as his legal wife was not guilty...


And when the eldest son, Suzaku-oniisama, turns 15, Suzaku-oniisama will inherit the title of Marquis from his father, and will change from being the eldest son of Marquis Freswald to the head of Marquis Freswald.


And my father inherited the title of duke from my grandfather, and my grandfather will have a different peerage. Are you okay so far? ”




 ……It seems Suzaku has formed a harem that is beyond my level. I nodded and Clarisse ask Karen




“What will happen to the mothers who were not able to give birth to heirs? They aren't recognized by the Duke Freswald's family, right?"




"... Let me start by explaining the children first. For example, if nii-sama has 10 children, only 1 will remain as the Marquis. And the remaining 9 will become the head of the Freswald Baronet family when they turn 15...


It seems that there are more than 100 people in this world who hold the title of Freswald Baronet family head... Even so, the Freswald family laments that they don't have enough children... The Freswald Baronet family head has been dispatched to various places as a representative or acts as a liaison with other nobles.


A good example is Earl Mesarius. Earl Mesarius asked Duke Freswald for help, didn't he? The rewards are great... Freswald Baronet will be dispatched as a governor, and the actual power and profits will be absorbed by the Duke Freswald family. Earl Mesarius isn't the only senior aristocrat like this.


However, if the baronet is not properly educated, he will not be useful as a governor. That's why we must educate them properly, but since we need the mother for education, so the mothers who couldn't bear heirs still receive support from the House of Duke Freswald and Marquis.


That's why if you give birth to a child, you won't be in trouble with food, or you won't be in trouble with poverty... on the contrary, you might be living a better life than the upper class nobles around here..."




 I had some doubts, so I asked Karen.




“Does the Freswald family have that many Freswald Baronet titles?”




 I asked Karen




"Oh? Since it's a title within the Dukedom of Freswald, the Duke can create as many as he wishes. Besides, you can buy an Associate Baronet in the Lister Union, you know?"




 Come to think of it, it was somewhere in the country……Is it England? It seems like I've heard that you can buy the Baron rank...




"Understood. Thank you. Please continue."




 Then Karen continued.




“Originally, there should be only the eldest son and the eldest daughter in the Duke Freswald household, but there are conditions for acknowledge the second son and daughter… Well, to put it simply, it means that they are excellent… In my case, it seems that having a magic eye was decisive.


High magical power and aptitude for fire magic were also strong points, but that alone wouldn't be enough to be recognized as the second son or daughter. I think you already know, but charm eyes are rare among magic eyes, right? "




 Huh... Duke Regan has charm eyes, so I didn't feel that way...




"After that, there are many more details... Sometimes the second daughter will be born as an heir... but that's only if she's excellent... So what if... what if? Me and Marth. If you get married and have a child... if the child is excellent, you can even become Duke Freswald."




 Karen says while fidgeting and looking at me.




 Hmm... even if I have a child with Karen, I don't want my child to become Duke Freswald... I have many other questions.




 But I didn't ask any more because it wouldn't lead me to understanding Karen better. I only want to know about Karen, and I don't really want to hear about the circumstances of the Freswald family.




“Thank you. Karen. I understand a bit more about Susaku-sama and your hardships."




 Karen looked a little relieved when I said that. This time I spoke to everyone.




"I'm going to change the subject, listen up. Today, the renovation of Elhagan is almost finished. Starting tomorrow, Baron and I will go outside the city in earnest and participate in the goblin extermination outside the city. Alice and Sophia doesn't seem to e able to level up anymore against E threat monsters, so let's annihilate them as soon as possible."




 Alice stopped at level 20, and Sophia remained unchanged at 23.




[Name] Alice Carroll

[title]-

[Status] Human race, commoner

[Condition] Good

[Age] 10 years old

[Level] 20

[HP] 41/41

[MP] 75/75

[Strength] 26

[Agility] 33

[Magic] 28

[dexterity] 30

[Endurance] 25

[Luck] 20


[Special Ability] Fine Swordsmanship (Lv6/A)

[Special Ability] Holy Magic (Lv3/C)


[Equipment] Holy silver rapier

[Equipment] Evasion clothes




 Alice was growing strong. Once she's around level 30, she should be capable of handling Threat Level C enemies without any problems.





Name: Sophia Carroll

[title]-

[Status] Human race, commoner

[Condition] Good

[Age] 13 years old

[Level] 23

[HP] 45/45

[MP] 102/102

[Strength] 20

[Agility] 28

[Magic] 25

[dexterity] 58

[Endurance] 17

[Luck] 5


[Special Ability] Magic Eyes (LvMax)

[Special Ability] Dagger (Lv2/E)

[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv1/F)

[Special Ability] Fine Swordsmanship (Lv1/F)

[Special Ability] Whip Art (Lv3/C)

[Special Ability] Chain Art (Lv2/D)

[Special Ability] Fire Magic (Lv2/D)

[Special Ability] Water Magic (Lv1/E)

[Special Ability] Earth Magic (Lv1/E)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv2/D)


[Equipment] Silver dagger

[Equipment] Flame Whip

[Equipment] Silver chain

[Equipment] Evasion clothes




 For someone with such a high number of special abilities and levels, her dexterity is abnormally high...Sophia also has other special abilities.




 Since it has nothing to do with combat, I omitted it, but there were abilities like alchemy and persuasion.




 I wonder what the special ability of persuasion and appraise it, it said that you can make people believe your story as the level rises. She had a special ability that could lead to serious trouble if used in the wrong place. I just don't want her to become a scammer...




 Also, my status has increased.




Name: Marth Bryant

[Title] Thunder God / Wind King / Saint / Goblin Slaughterer

[Status] Human, second son of Earl Bryant

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 41

[HP] 105/105

[MP] 8069/8069

[Strength] 99

[Agility] 98

[Magic] 115

[dexterity] 97

[Endurance] 93

[Luck] 30


[Unique Ability] Natural Ability (LvMAX)

[Unique Ability] Celestial Eye (Lv10)

[Unique Ability] Lightning Magic (Lv9/S)

[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv9/A)

[Special Ability] Fire Magic (Lv5/D)

[Special Ability] Water Magic (Lv5/D)

[Special Ability] Earth Magic (Lv6/C)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv10/A)

[Special Ability] Holy Magic (Lv8/A)


[Equipment] Thunder Sword

[Equipment] Salamander Sword

[Equipment] Thunder God robe

[Equipment] Disguise bracelet




 Well, as I expected, my earth magic has reached level 6 and my talent has reached C. I can proudly say that I am an earth mage. In fact, the residents and adventurers of this city seem to recognize me not as a sword saint, but as an earth magician. Come to think of it, the people of the Recca Knights thought I was a water magician...




 Sometimes a sword saint, sometimes a wind magician, and sometimes an earth magician... but his true identity is...(TN : Harem King :v)




 Finally, Baron's status




[Name] Baron Reinhardt

[title] -

[Status] Human, Earl of Reinhardt

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 30

[HP] 65/65

[MP] 304/304

[Strength] 44

[Agility] 40

[Magic] 44

[dexterity] 45

[Endurance] 40

[Luck] 1


[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv7/B)

[Special Ability] Fire Magic (Lv3/D)

[Special Ability] Water Magic (Lv3/D)

[Special Ability] Earth Magic (Lv7/C)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv3/D)


[Equipment] Gnome sword

[Equipment] Gnome armor




 Baron's earth magic level has also increased. With a little more time, he'll be able to call himself a B-rank adventurer.




 With a decent meal and decided to go to bed early in preparation for tomorrow's Goblin extermination.





TN : I hate this nobility rank things

If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question, what is you update schedule for both of your novels
    I’m reading both

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads